• Creator
    Topic
    Avatar Of Trumanwhitetrumanwhite
    Participant

All,

Recently a hand plane was given to me. It is the exact size and shape as my early stanley #4. However, there is no raised rib at the front, no patent dates, lateral adjustment is the fishtail (bent metal) and a corrugated bottom.

If I date it using the site it is made before 1898 when corrugated soles where first made by Stanley. Also, the totes are not rosewood and look more like mahogany. The blade is “Stanley Rule &Co.”, the frog and cap iron look to be Stanley as well. The only marking is  a “4” under the tote.

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Participant

Good

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.Waffle game
      <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>

• Avatar Of Taylormckeetaylormckee
      Participant

hand plane

Look up the aspect of turning in which you are most interested, such as bowl turning, spindle turning, using the skew, sharpening wood lathe tools, etc. There is a tremendous amount of content and regular craftsmen with regular videos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.