Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Avatar Of SbrhealthyhomeSBRhealthyhome
    Participant

What can I buy or DIY to replenish/clean/oil or polish the dry wood furniture in my home. VOCs make me ill. I’ve watched the video on beeswax, turpentine and boiled linseed recipe and understand that’s not for kitchen table like surfaces, so I will try that on other objects, if I can manage the turpentine. Is there a substitute for turpentine if I can’t?
    Also what could I use for my kitchen /coffee table and other much used surfaces. I’m not a woodworker, I’m a part time potter, and stumbled onto this site via Pinterest. 😊 Many thanks for your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • Avatar Of Joshua FarnsworthJoshua Farnsworth
      Keymaster

Welcome! You could use a water based finish for surfaces that require more toughness. Here’s my guide on wood finish products: https://woodandshop.com/woodworking-buying-guide-wood-finishes-sandpaper-card-scrapers/

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • Avatar Of SbrhealthyhomeSBRhealthyhome
      Participant

Thank you Joshua!

Participant

The best technique to get rid of dirt and grime and restore moisture to hardwood furniture is using homemade polish. Making fresh homemade polish by mixing equal parts white vinegar and lemon juice in word hurdle a spray bottle is one of the most common methods. Lemon juice serves as a disinfectant and gives the wood polish a pleasing scent while vinegar cleans greasy fingerprints and filth off wood.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.