Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Avatar Of Paul AndersonPaul Anderson
    Participant

Hi – my 1st post here, hoping to learn something about woodworking. I just bought a lightly used Buck Bros. 14″ jack plane. Everything looks good, I put a nice edge on it, and tried to set it up according to the Tage Frid book. He says to set the chipbreaker about 1/32″ back from the edge of the blade, much more than that and it’s not going to do anything. But if I do that, there’s no way the blade can protrude down and cut wood, even with the adjustment all the way in. To get any blade through the throat, I have to set the chipbreaker back about 0.090″, way more than Tage recommends. Could this be the wrong blade or chipbreaker for the plane? Everything *looks* ship-shape.

Thanks for any advice, paul

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • Avatar Of Joshua FarnsworthJoshua Farnsworth
      Keymaster

Could you please attach a photo? Also, the Buck Brothers handplanes are quite unsuitable for actual use.

• Avatar Of Paul AndersonPaul Anderson
      Participant

pix of ?maybe crappy? Buck Bros. plane

Maybe I need to just toss the thing and save up for a decent one, I don’t know. Thanks for your attention – paul

• Avatar Of Cookieclickerazcookieclickeraz
      Participant

RE: What do you need to know about a shop for sale in Islamabad?

It took me a while to read all the failed comments, but I really enjoyed this post play solitaire. It proved to be very helpful for me and I am sure to everyone who comments here! It’s great that you’re not only informed but entertained!

Participant

You’ll need to think about the size and location of the shop, who will buy it and how much they will pay for it. You’ll have to consider if you want to rent or buy the property, and whether you can afford it. The store is likely to need a lot of work and could be a long-term investment, so you’ll also want to know if you can handle that. If you’re looking for a shop in Islamabad, a local real estate agent will be able to advise on the different options available. You’ll also need to make sure that your business is legal in Pakistan. Contact the relevant authorities in Islamabad for advice on starting a business, or contact a lawyer if you have any questions about the legal requirements of setting up a shop in Pakistan.

Participant

You must consider the shop’s size and location, as well as the demographic of its customers and the price they are willing to spend. You must decide if you want to rent or buy the property and whether you have the money to do so. You’ll also want to determine if you can handle the store’s expected extensive maintenance and potential long-term heardle game investment.

Participant

Very good article waffle game , full of information that I was looking for. I hope there will be more articles like this on the website

Participant

Good

Once you’ve got those two things down, then you can start practicing more and getting better at both of these games.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.